About the Coloma Area Historical Society

The Coloma Area Historical Society (CAHS) was founded in February 2007. Temporary officers were elected in March and the process of legally forming an organization began. CAHS became affiliated with the Wisconsin State Historical Society in June and began selling a DVD of historic Coloma photos from a log cabin set up at the Village Park during the Coloma Chicken Chew. CAHS was granted tax exempt, 501(c)(3), status the following month.

The historic 1876 Spaulding Store has been moved and renovated and serves as the permanent home of CAHS at the Village Park. Please see the Membership, Shoppe, and Donation page for ways that you can help. CAHS is dedicated to preserving our history for future generations.

Board of Directors

  • Susan Apps President
  • Wally King Vice-President
  • Barbara Burrows Secretary
  • Sue Semrow ┬áTreasurer
  • Karen Kainz (3 yr)
  • Nancy Thalacker (3 yr)
  • Tom Congdon (3 yr)
  • Dianne Rudolph (3 yr)
  • Nancy Volkert (1 yr)
  • Edith Fousek (1 yr)
  • Jeanne Frost (1 yr)
  • Bill Schmudlach (1 yr)

Coloma History by Floyd King & Sue Semrow

On October 18, 1849 a treaty was made with the Menomonee Indians giving title to the government for a large tract of land west of the Fox River. Most of […]

CAHS SHOPPE

Item Price Memorial Brick These bricks will pave the walkway to the CAHS building at the Village Park. 4 x 8 brick $100.00 three line of info (max 12 characters […]

Carriage House

Ground Breaking Event Spalding Museum Carriage House Ground Breaking Event for Spalding Museum Carriage House kicks off an exciting new venture for CAHS The Coloma Area Historical Society broke ground […]